As promised, today I’m posting my New Years resolutions/goals. Hopefully this gives you some ideas and/or inspiration to write your own!
For most people, putting your plans and goals on paper can be extremely helpful if you want to carry them out. The New Year signifies not only the restart of the cycle of seasons, but also of habits and decisions. Now’s your chance to start from scratch. If you want to break an annoying habit, remember that it’s your choice. You’re in control.
What’s the difference between a resolution and a goal?
While a goal can be achieved once, resolutions are things you will continue to pursue throughout your entire life. For example:
Goal: I want to complete a full novel in 2019.
Resolution: I want to be more intuitive and be a better listener.
As you can see, the goal is something I can strive toward and then complete, therefore checking it off my list, whereas a resolution is something I need to work to be and continue to be forever.
Here are some more of my Goals and Resolutions for 2019.
- As I said before, I want to complete a novel. I also want to edit it, and (I don’t know if this would be accomplished in 2019, but still…) self-publish it.
- Get a job and start saving.
- Buy a car (I’m turning 16 next summer).
- Start a podcast.
- Finish a movie.
- Volunteer somewhere.
- Find a job to shadow (I’ve already tried shadowing at a veterinarian clinic, but decided that it wasn’t my thing. My current aspiration is to become a journalist).
- I still can’t pull back 35 lbs on my bow for hunting, so I want to be able to do that next year.
- Make more friends (not fantasy friends… sorry, Carynn)
- I want to start going to the gym to work out more.
- Eat more healthily.
- Don’t spend money on worthless/temporary things (ex. candy, makeup…).
- Be more patient.
- Work toward a having better vocabulary.
- Become a better writer.
- Find some new hobbies.
- Eat new foods.
- Become more flexible.
- Be less sarcastic and more sincere.
Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. What are your resolutions and goals for 2019? Share them below!
Happy new years!